- Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food.
- If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't.
- It's not food if it arrived through the window of your car.
- Don't eat breakfast cereals that change the color of the milk.
- Spend as much time enjoying the meal as it took to prepare it (this would be impossible for me with restless toddlers, as I am a slow cook, but it's a good thought!)
- Don't get your fuel from the same place your car does.
Because this book is short and easy to read, it would be a good one to have on hand for people who are just getting started thinking about a healthier lifestyle or who are wondering why you choose to each meat, milk and produce from a local farm.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.